A fall favorite, these spiced pumpkin cookies are soft, sweet and delicious.
- 3/4 cup ( 90 g) Whole Wheat Flour 3/4 cup ( 90 g) Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 1/2 cups (187 g) All-purpose flour 1 1/2 cups (187 g) All-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) baking soda 1 teaspoon (5 g) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) baking powder 1 teaspoon (5 g) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (1.5g) cinnamon 1/2 teaspoon (1.5g) cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon (2 g) ginger 1 teaspoon (2 g) ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon (3g) salt 1/2 teaspoon (3g) salt
- 1 1/2 cups (324 g) C&H Golden brown sugar, packed 1 1/2 cups (324 g) C&H Golden brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup butter, softened 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup fresh or canned pumpkin 1/2 cup fresh or canned pumpkin
- 1 egg 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup currants, raisins or dried cranberries 1/3 cup currants, raisins or dried cranberries
- Topping: 1/4 cup C&H Demerara Sugar Topping: 1/4 cup C&H Demerara Sugar
- Topping: 1/3 cup unsalted pepitas (pumpkin seeds) Topping: 1/3 cup unsalted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Line baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with non-stick baking spray.
Sift all dry ingredients together in a medium bowl.
Beat sugar and butter in a mixer bowl on medium speed for 1 minute; then beat in pumpkin, egg, and vanilla for 30 seconds.
Stir in sifted dry ingredients; then stir in dried fruit of choice.
Chill dough 20 minutes then scoop 2 tablespoon balls onto lined baking sheet. Sprinkle tops with the demerara, then the pepitas, gently pressing the pepitas into the dough.
Bake 13-15 minutes, depending on the size of the cookie. Cool cookies until they can be easily removed from the baking sheet.
For best results keep dough chilled in between batches.