Decadent and creamy with floral notes, this mousse is perfect for dessert or paired with a light brunch at home with friends. C&H® Superfine Sugar balances out the blackberries’ tart juiciness.
For the Blackberry Sauce
- 2 (6 ounce) packages Fresh blackberries 2 (6 ounce) packages Fresh blackberries
- C&H® Quick Dissolve Superfine Sugar ¾ cup ¾ cup C&H® Quick Dissolve Superfine Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Lemon zest 1 teaspoon Lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon Freshly squeezed lemon juice 1 teaspoon Freshly squeezed lemon juice
For the Lavender Mousse
- 1 ½ cups Heavy whipping cream 1 ½ cups Heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Lavender flowers, organic – food grade 1 tablespoon Lavender flowers, organic – food grade
- 4 ounces Cream cheese, softened 4 ounces Cream cheese, softened
- C&H® Quick Dissolve Superfine Sugar ½ cup ½ cup C&H® Quick Dissolve Superfine Sugar
In a medium saucepan, combine all the ingredients for the blackberry sauce. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and cool completely. Set aside.
In a small saucepan, combine cream and lavender flowers. Bring the mixture to a gentle simmer. Remove from heat and strain mixture. Cover and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
Place the lavender cream in a large bowl. Add the cheese and sugar. Beat at low speed until all ingredients are incorporated. Increase the speed and beat until the mixtures reaches medium peaks.
Spoon a layer of lavender mousse into four individual serving cups. Pour one layer of blackberry sauce on top. Continue layering with cream and blackberry sauce. Garnish with fresh blackberries, lavender flowers, and mint.