- 1 ½ cups gluten-free flour of choice 1 ½ cups gluten-free flour of choice
- C&H® Dark Brown Sugar 1 ½ tablespoons 1 ½ tablespoons C&H® Dark Brown Sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 3 to 5 tablespoons ice water 3 to 5 tablespoons ice water
- 2 tablespoons melted butter 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup diced, fresh strawberries 1 cup diced, fresh strawberries
- C&H® Light Brown Sugar 2 tablespoons 2 tablespoons C&H® Light Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 to 3 tablespoons strawberry juice (from the mashed strawberries) 2 to 3 tablespoons strawberry juice (from the mashed strawberries)
- C&H® Powdered Sugar 1 cup 1 cup C&H® Powdered Sugar
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar and salt.
Using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, a pastry blender or your hands, add butter and combine; dough will appear very crumbly at this stage.
Measuring one tablespoon of water at a time, mix to form dough, form into a ball and wrap the dough in plastic wrap. Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove chilled dough from refrigerator. Cut dough in half. Place one half in between two pieces of parchment paper and roll out to ¼” thickness. Cut 6 rectangles with rectangular-shaped cookie cutter. Repeat for second dough ball.
Add diced strawberries to a bowl. Mash with a fork and drain out any excess liquid. Reserve juice to use for glaze. Sprinkle berries with sugar and cornstarch; stir.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Brush 6 dough rectangles with melted butter. Place 1 teaspoon berry filling onto the middle of each. Cover with remaining dough rectangles. Press edges together using the tines of a fork. Poke the top of each tart with a fork to create vent openings.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes. Cool completely.
In a small bowl, mix reserved strawberry juice with powdered sugar and stir until smooth. Add additional juice or water if glaze is too thick.
Spoon glaze over the top of each tart. Smooth with back of spoon. Let dry completely.
Store tarts in an airtight container for up to one week.
Recipes Using Dark Brown Sugar
For Those Special Moments with Your Loved Ones
Crafting sugar and happiness has always been our mission, because we know when you mix family, friends, and food made with C&H® Sugar, you find the formula for magical moments and memories you’ll never forget.
In other words— The Recipe for Happiness Starts With C&H®.