This perfect blend of fig and brown sugar will compliment your charcuterie board.
- 1 lb. fresh figs, washed, trimmed, and quartered 1 lb. fresh figs, washed, trimmed, and quartered
- ½ cup C&H® Demerara Cane Sugar ½ cup C&H® Demerara Cane Sugar
- 2 tablespoons C&H® Golden Brown Sugar 2 tablespoons C&H® Golden Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary 1 sprig fresh rosemary
In medium saucepot over medium heat stir all ingredients together, except rosemary. Heat until sugar dissolves and mixture comes to a boil.
Add rosemary, cover pot and gently boil for 5 minutes to release juices from the figs then reduce heat to medium low, uncover pot, and simmer 25 – 30 minutes or until figs are soft and syrup is thick. Remove rosemary sprig and serve warm or at room temperature. Can be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
Freezing your fresh figs are a great way to preserve the ingredient for your next recipe. First, wash your fresh figs under cool water and sort out any that are tender, as these will not freeze well. Pat dry the figs and place on a wax-lined baking sheet. Place the baking sheet in your freezer and allow the figs to freeze for two to four hours. Once the figs are frozen, remove from baking sheet and store in a freezer-safe plastic storage bag. Store for up to three months.
C&H® Brown Sugar Charcuterie Recipes
Sleighing the Charcuterie
Stun your guests this season with a sweet, delicious holiday charcuterie board made with jams, mustards and preserves made with C&H® Sugar.