C&H® Dark Brown Sugar
To create flavor that's deep, rich, and real, use only C&H® Dark Brown Sugar. Its moistness and deep, rich molasses flavor make it ideal for full-flavored or savory recipes.
C&H® Demerara Cane Sugar
C&H® Demerara Cane Sugar has a light golden color from the molasses left behind after minimal processing. Demerara is a slightly larger crystal than granulated sugar and with a delicate crunchy texture.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 cups mixed nuts, such as whole almonds, walnuts, pecan halves and hazelnuts 4 cups mixed nuts, such as whole almonds, walnuts, pecan halves and hazelnuts
- 1 large egg white 1 large egg white
- 1/2 cup C&H® Dark Brown Sugar 1/2 cup C&H® Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon C&H® Demerara Cane Sugar 1 tablespoon C&H® Demerara Cane Sugar
- 1 teaspoon flaked maldon sea salt 1 teaspoon flaked maldon sea salt
Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet pan with parchment.
In medium bowl, pour melted butter over mixed nuts and toss well to coat.
Spread nuts out in a single layer on prepared pan and bake for 5 minutes to bake the butter into the nuts. Remove pan from oven and cool thoroughly before proceeding with recipe.
Reduce oven temperature to 300F.
In the same bowl used to toss the nuts before, whisk egg white until frothy. Toss cooled buttered nuts in egg white
In separate bowl whisk sugar together with cinnamon and cayenne then toss this mixture into the pecans, mixing until well coated.
Spread the coated nuts back onto the sheet pan in a single layer.
Mix the demerara sugar and salt together in the same bowl used for the sugar mixture then sprinkle this mixture over the top.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until sugar caramelizes onto the nuts.
Cool then store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
A coarse seat salt or Kosher salt can replace the flaked sea salt, if desired.
C&H® Brown Sugar Charcuterie Recipes
Sleighing the Charcuterie
Stun your guests this season with a sweet, delicious holiday charcuterie board with jams, mustards and preserves made with C&H® Sugar.