Set out a snack that’s filled with cinnamon, spice and everything nice. Made with mixed nuts and C&H® Dark Brown Sugar, these spiced nuts are wonderful for on-the-go snacks, parties or afternoon cravings.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 cups mixed nuts, such as whole almonds, walnuts, pecan halves and hazelnuts 4 cups mixed nuts, such as whole almonds, walnuts, pecan halves and hazelnuts
- 1 large egg white 1 large egg white
- 1/2 cup C&H® Dark Brown Sugar 1/2 cup C&H® Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon C&H® Demerara Cane Sugar 1 tablespoon C&H® Demerara Cane Sugar
- 1 teaspoon flaked maldon sea salt 1 teaspoon flaked maldon sea salt
Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet pan with parchment.
In medium bowl, pour melted butter over mixed nuts and toss well to coat.
Spread nuts out in a single layer on prepared pan and bake for 5 minutes to bake the butter into the nuts. Remove pan from oven and cool thoroughly before proceeding with recipe.
Reduce oven temperature to 300F.
In the same bowl used to toss the nuts before, whisk egg white until frothy. Toss cooled buttered nuts in egg white
In separate bowl whisk sugar together with cinnamon and cayenne then toss this mixture into the pecans, mixing until well coated.
Spread the coated nuts back onto the sheet pan in a single layer.
Mix the demerara sugar and salt together in the same bowl used for the sugar mixture then sprinkle this mixture over the top.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until sugar caramelizes onto the nuts.
Cool then store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
A coarse seat salt or Kosher salt can replace the flaked sea salt, if desired.