Turn your kitchen into a holiday workshop with C&H® Sugar’s 1001 Cookie Starter Mix – the secret recipe to creating dozens of different homemade holiday cookies from just one easy mix.
- Assemble the 1001 Cookie Starter Mix – this homemade baking mix becomes the base to easily create a variety of cookie recipes. The 1001 Cookie Starter makes 10 cups. You can use it right away or save it, either frozen or refrigerated, for when you are ready to bake.
Storage Tip: Divide 1001 Cookie Starter mix into 1 cup portions before freezing. Use plastic resealable bags or
• Refrigerated = use within 3 to 5 days
• Frozen = use within 3 months
Add specialty ingredients to the 1001 Cookie Starter Mix to make various cookies: sugar cookies, fudge balls, brownies, and more. Try a few of our recipes below.
- Wrap up all your different cookies to give as holiday gifts, then wait for the smiles!
1001 Cookie Starter Recipe
- 5 cups - all-purpose flour
- 3 3/4 cups – C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons - baking powder
- 2 teaspoons - salt
- 1 1/2 cups - plus 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
In a 4-quart bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir until thoroughly blended. Add butter and use pastry blender or clean hands to work into dry ingredients until mixture resembles coarse meal. Makes 10 cups.
For best results:
- Be sure that your baking powder is less than a month old when putting together the mix.
- If using margarine, do not choose diet, whipped or soft.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer. Do not press the mix.
- Let Cookie Starter Mix come to room temperature before use.