This delicious bread takes fresh zucchini from garden to table.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- C&H® Granulated Sugar 1 cup 1 cup C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup extra light vegetable oil 1 cup extra light vegetable oil
- 2 eggs 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups unpeeled zucchini, grated 1 1/2 cups unpeeled zucchini, grated
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup golden raisins 1/4 cup golden raisins
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
In medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together.
In a separate mixing bowl, beat sugar and oil together for one minute, then add eggs and beat for one minute more. Stir in zucchini. Stir in dry ingredients with pecans and raisins just until blended. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
Bake 55- 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack before slicing.
Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze to keep loaf fresh after 1 day.
Grate zucchini on the largest hole option on the grater to not release too much water from the vegetable.