Veggie Mini Muffins
40 mini muffins
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup C&H® Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup C&H® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple
- 1 cup peeled and cubed zucchini
- 1 cup peeled and cubed carrots
- 1 cup peeled, cored and cubed apples
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Veggie Mini Muffins Video
In a large bowl, stir flour and sugar together. Add in butter and mix with a pastry blender until flour mixture sticks together when pressed. Set aside to top muffin batter.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease mini muffin pans.
In a large bowl, mix together sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla; set aside.
Add pineapple, zucchini, carrots and apples to a blender. Purée on high until reaching an applesauce-like consistency. Mix up vegetables and scape down sides with a spatula, as needed. Press through a fine mesh strainer over a medium bowl.
Stir strained fruit and vegetable mixture into sugar mixture to combine.
In a separate large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
Stir flour mixture into the wet ingredients until incorporated.
Scoop 1 tablespoon of the batter into each greased mini muffin cup.
Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of streusel on top.
Bake 11 to 12 minutes. Rest pan on a wire cooling rack. When cool, transfer to an airtight container and store for up to 3 days.
You can also use a food processor in place of a blender to purée vegetables.