This Vanilla Almond Granola is a soft-baked granola with clusters that have hints of almond, vanilla and cinnamon in each bite! It’s not overly sweet and is a perfect snack with yogurt and fresh fruit.
- 2 ½ cups Old-fashioned oats 2 ½ cups Old-fashioned oats
- ¾ cup Slivered almonds ¾ cup Slivered almonds
- 1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon 1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- ½ tsp. Salt ½ tsp. Salt
- C&H® Dark Brown Sugar 1/3 cup packed 1/3 cup packed C&H® Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup Almond butter, creamy 1/3 cup Almond butter, creamy
- 4 Tbsp. Unsalted butter, melted 4 Tbsp. Unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup Coconut oil, melted ¼ cup Coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 Egg white, beaten to soft peaks 1 Egg white, beaten to soft peaks
Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a non-stick baking mat.
In a large bowl, combine oats, almonds, cinnamon, salt, and C&H® Dark Brown Sugar.
In a small saucepan over low heat, melt almond butter and unsalted butter. seconds. It should be melted and a smooth consistency. Pour into a medium bowl. Melt the coconut oil in the same pan over low heat. Add the melted coconut oil and vanilla to bowl. Combine.
Fold almond butter mixture into oats.
Beat the egg white. Fold egg white into oat mixture. Oats should be moist.
Spread mixture onto prepared baking sheet and press into an even layer. Place in oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
Remove from oven. Let cool completely without stirring for 45 min. Break granola into chunks and enjoy as is or with fruit & yogurt.
Store granola in an airtight container for up to 14 days.
Add in a pinch of nutmeg, if desired.
For more almond flavor, you can add in ½ tsp. almond extract too!
Once granola has cooled, feel free to add in additional almonds, dried fruit, chocolate chunks, etc. This recipe is flexible and customizable!
The egg white helps to bind the oats together, you won’t taste it in the granola at all! If you prefer not to use an egg white, 1 mashed banana can be substituted as well.