Prepared with C&H® Demerara Cane Sugar, this sweet, tangy recipe is perfect for marinating meats and works well as a delicious dipping sauce for dumplings and potstickers.
- ¼ cup water ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons Mirin 2 tablespoons Mirin
- 1/4 cup soy sauce 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dark Sesame Oil 1 tablespoon Dark Sesame Oil
- C&H® Demerara Cane Sugar 1/3 cup 1/3 cup C&H® Demerara Cane Sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely minced garlic 1 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 large scallion, thinly sliced 1 large scallion, thinly sliced
In small saucepot over medium high heat, whisk all ingredients together, except scallion. Heat until marinade comes to a boil; then, cool to room temperature. Stir in scallion before serving
This recipe is great for marinating and is the perfect dipping sauce for savory dumplings or potstickers.