A pumpkin lover’s delight, these spiced pastries are stuffed with pumpkin mascarpone filling and are a delicious way to celebrate the fall season.
- 1 recipe for double crust pastry 1 recipe for double crust pastry
- cannoli cooking tubes cannoli cooking tubes
- 4 oz. mascarpone cheese 4 oz. mascarpone cheese
- 3/4 cup part skim ricotta cheese 3/4 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup pumpkin purée 3/4 cup pumpkin purée
- C&H® Granulated Sugar 1/2 cup 1/2 cup C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup heavy cream 1 cup heavy cream
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Prepare pie crust recipe according to directions. Roll out to 1/4-inch thickness. Using a 5-inch circle cutter, cut out dough circles.
Spray outside of each cannoli tube with non-stick spray. Roll dough around the tube, adhering with a small dot of water where the ends meet. Bake on prepared cookie sheet 6 to 8 minutes or until golden.
Mix together remaining ingredients, except heavy cream, in blender or with a mixer until well blended. Chill in refrigerator at least 4 hours or overnight.
Whip heavy cream with mixer and whisk attachment, until peaks form. Fold into pumpkin mixture.
Spoon filling into a piping bag. Fill each shell with pumpkin filling. Keep chilled until ready to serve.