This pumpkin-spiced rendition of traditional bread pudding gets its sweetness from delicious C&H® Golden Brown Sugar and combines the artisan flavors of French bread with cinnamon, ginger and delightful sweet cream.
- C&H® Golden Brown Sugar 3/4 cup 3/4 cup C&H® Golden Brown Sugar
- 3 eggs 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cups solid pumpkin 1 ½ cups solid pumpkin
- 1 cup heavy cream 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 oz. loaf French bread 8 oz. loaf French bread
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Grease an 8 X 8-inch square pan and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl whisk all ingredients together except bread.
Slice French bread into ¼” thick slices and soak bread in custard 3-5 minutes, turning pieces occasionally to coat well.
Turn mixture into prepared pan and smooth the top with a spatula. Loosely cover the pan with foil and bake 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 10-15 minutes or until the top is golden and a knife inserted in center confirms custard is set.