This pumpkin-spiced rendition of traditional bread pudding gets its sweetness from delicious C&H® Golden Brown Sugar and combines the artisan flavors of French bread with cinnamon, ginger and delightful sweet cream.
- 1 1-pound loaf brioche bread, cut into 1-inch cubes 1 1-pound loaf brioche bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) Unsalted butter, melted 1/2 cup (1 stick) Unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups Whole milk 2 cups Whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream 2 cups heavy cream
- C&H® Golden Brown Sugar 1 1/2 cups 1 1/2 cups C&H® Golden Brown Sugar
- 6 large Egg yolks, at room temperature 6 large Egg yolks, at room temperature
- 2 large Eggs, at room temperature 2 large Eggs, at room temperature
- 1 can (15 ounces) Pumpkin puree 1 can (15 ounces) Pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon Pure vanilla extract 1 tablespoon Pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon Pumpkin spice 2 teaspoon Pumpkin spice
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons C&H Turbinado Sugar 2 tablespoons C&H Turbinado Sugar
Butter a 13x9-inch baking dish. Place the bread cubes in the dish, pour melted butter over it, and toss.
In a large bowl, whisk together milk, cream, sugar, yolks, eggs, pumpkin puree, vanilla, pumpkin spice, and salt. Pour mixture over bread cubes. Let stand for 20 minutes, toss occasionally.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Sprinkle turbinado sugar over bread pudding. Place in the oven and bake for 50 minutes or until golden brown and set center. Remove from oven and cool for 30 minutes. Serve warm.