A delicate and crunchy shell with a marshmallowy center, topped with almond cream, raspberries and mint, this Pavlova Wreath with Almond Cream is the most beautiful dessert you'll ever make!
For the Pavlova
- 7 Large egg whites, room temperature 7 Large egg whites, room temperature
- C&H® Granulated Sugar 2 cups 2 cups C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Arrowroot starch 2 tbsp Arrowroot starch
- 2 tsp Distilled white vinegar 2 tsp Distilled white vinegar
For Almond Cream
- 1 1/2 cups Heavy whipping cream 1 1/2 cups Heavy whipping cream
- C&H® Powdered Sugar 1/2 cup 1/2 cup C&H® Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Almond extract 1 tsp Almond extract
- 1 cup Fresh raspberries 1 cup Fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup Pomegranate arils 1/2 cup Pomegranate arils
- Mint leaves Mint leaves
For the Pavlova
Preheat the oven to 250ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Trace a 9-inch circle on the parchment paper using a pencil, and then trace a 6-inch circle in the center of the larger circle. Set aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixer with whisk attachment, or using a handheld mixer, whisk the egg whites on medium speed, until soft peaks form, about 5 minutes.
Add in C&H® Granulated Sugar a little bit at a time, continue whisking until stiff peaks form. This takes between 5-8 minutes on high speed.
Add in the arrowroot starch, vinegar and vanilla extract, beat until fully combined.
Transfer the mixture to a large piping bag fitted with a plain style pastry tip (I used Ateco 809). Pipe onto parchment paper, forming 9 or 10 evenly sized mounds. Use the back of a spoon to create small dents on each mound.
Bake for approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes. Turn off heat, but do not open the oven! Cool pavlova in oven for at least an hour.
For the Almond Cream
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk heavy cream, C&H® Powdered Sugar and almond extract until stiff peaks form. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Spread the almond cream on top of the pavlova, top with raspberries, pomegranate arils and decorate with mint leaves. Sprinkle some C&H® Powdered Sugar and enjoy!
*Pavlova can be made ahead a couple of days. Store in a cool dry place, completely covered or in a large air-tight container. Add the cream and toppings when ready to serve.