This festive C&H® Organic Raw Cane Sugar-sweetened dessert offers a crispy graham cracker crust filled with whipped cream and yummy raspberry purée.
A very fine, powdered sugar with exceptionally smooth texture. Ideal for making frostings, glazes, fudge, and candy-making.
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup C&H® Organic Raw Cane Sugar 1/4 cup C&H® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, cold 1 cup heavy whipping cream, cold
- 3 tablespoons C&H® Confectioners Sugar 3 tablespoons C&H® Confectioners Sugar
- 1 cup fresh raspberries, washed 1 cup fresh raspberries, washed
- 1 teaspoon water 1 teaspoon water
- 1 tablespoon C&H® Organic Raw Cane Sugar 1 tablespoon C&H® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sweetened condensed milk (See Quick Tip) 1 cup (8 ounces) sweetened condensed milk (See Quick Tip)
- 2 cups prepared whipped cream 2 cups prepared whipped cream
- raspberry purée raspberry purée
- 2/3 cup fresh blueberries, washed 2/3 cup fresh blueberries, washed
Graham Cracker Crust
In a medium bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter until well blended. Press crumb mixture into bottom and up the sides of a pan and hold aside.
Using a mixer, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, mixing after each addition. Mix until soft peaks form. Spoon cream into a glass or other non-metal bowl, cover with plastic wrap and store in refrigerator until ready to use.
Add raspberries, water and sugar to a blender, pulse. Strain the berry mixture through a fine mesh strainer. Refrigerate purée in a sealed container until ready to use.
In a large bowl, stir lemon juice into sweetened condensed milk until well combined. Fold in whipped cream in 3 batches. Spoon half of the filling mixture into the pie crust. Using a spoon, dot half of the raspberry purée over filling mixture. Using an offset spatula, swirl into the mixture. Gently spoon in remaining filling, layer to prevent raspberry showing though, smooth to fill pan. Swirl in remaining raspberry purée and top the pie with blueberries. Freeze pie for 3 hours before eating.
To serve, set pie out for 10 minutes before slicing.
To make your own Sweetened Condensed Milk
Whisk 1 teaspoon cornstarch into 1 1/2 cups evaporated milk in a medium saucepan. Whisk in 2 cups C&H® Quick Dissolve Superfine Sugar until blended.
Heat over medium-high heat, stirring, until mixture comes to a boil. Whisk in 2 tablespoons corn syrup until blended. Bring to a boil again; remove from heat.
Let cool up to 2 hours. Chill, covered, until ready to use.
Keeps chilled for up to one week. The sweetened condensed milk will thicken when it is refrigerated.