Bake a little happiness for your loved ones with this recipe for a light and refreshing lemon curd tart. It’s packed with a sweet, tangy lemon curd filling that’s topped with Chantilly cream everyone will adore.
- 12 Whole graham crackers 12 Whole graham crackers
- 2 tablespoons C&H® Light Brown Sugar , lightly packed 2 tablespoons , lightly packed C&H® Light Brown Sugar
- 6 tablespoons Unsalted butter, melted 6 tablespoons Unsalted butter, melted
- 3 Large Eggs 3 Large Eggs
- 3 Large egg yolks 3 Large egg yolks
- C&H® Powdered Sugar 1 cup 1 cup C&H® Powdered Sugar
- 2/3 cup Lemon juice, from about 4 lemons 2/3 cup Lemon juice, from about 4 lemons
- 2 tablespoons Lemon zest 2 tablespoons Lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons Cold unsalted butter, cubed 3 tablespoons Cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 cup Cold heavy whipping cream 1 cup Cold heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup C&H® Powdered Sugar , plus additional for dusting ¼ cup , plus additional for dusting C&H® Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla paste or extract 1 teaspoon Vanilla paste or extract
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
In a food processor, add the graham crackers and C&H® light brown sugar. Process until finely ground, like cornmeal. Add the melted butter and pulse until crumbs are moistened. Empty into a 9” tart pan. Use a straight-sided glass or measuring cup to help press the graham crumbs all along the edge about 1/4” thick. Then put the remainder of the crumbs on the bottom and pat evenly.
Bake for 10-12 min. Let cool on a cooling rack while you prepare filling.
In medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and eggs yolks. Sift in the C&H® powdered sugar and whisk till incorporated. Add the lemon juice, zest and salt, and whisk until combined. Pour into a medium, heavy-bottomed, non-reactive pot.
Over medium heat, cook the curd, constantly whisking until it reaches 175°F, about 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve, into a medium bowl. Add a couple of cubes of butter at a time and whisk till the butter has completely melted. Then pour into slightly cooled crust.
Bake for about 10 min, just till the edge begins to set and look matte. It will still be wobbly in the middle. Place on a cooling rack and let cool in the pan to room temperature.
Refrigerate the tart for 30 minutes before topping with whipped cream.
In a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, add the heavy cream, C&H® powdered sugar, and vanilla. Whip till medium-stiff peaks. Fit a large piping bag with a 1/2” round tip and fill with the sweetened whipped cream. Pipe onto the tart covering the whole surface. Just before serving, dust the top with a bit of C&H® powdered sugar for a textured look.
The tart is best eaten the same day, otherwise, the crust will get soggy. You can keep the tart in the fridge until ready to serve.
This recipe is a great make-ahead dessert. You can prepare the crust and lemon curd a day ahead, leaving just the whipped cream and assembly for the day-of.