Sweeten up your favorite frittata recipe with C&H Sugar. It will add a new depth of flavor inside this savory breakfast creation.
- 1/2 pound uncured applewood smoked bacon 1/2 pound uncured applewood smoked bacon
- 1 cup finely chopped sweet yellow onion 1 cup finely chopped sweet yellow onion
- 1 cup C&H® Demerara Cane Sugar 1 cup C&H® Demerara Cane Sugar
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 – 14.5 oz. can (3 ½ cups) no salt added diced tomatoes 1 – 14.5 oz. can (3 ½ cups) no salt added diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 teaspoon finely minced fresh or jarred jalapeno pepper 1 teaspoon finely minced fresh or jarred jalapeno pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon fine black pepper 1/8 teaspoon fine black pepper
- 4 cups fresh baby kale 4 cups fresh baby kale
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil, divided 3 tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil, divided
- 10 eggs 10 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk 1/3 cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon fine salt ¼ teaspoon fine salt
- Pinch fine black pepper Pinch fine black pepper
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 cup goat cheese crumbles 1 cup goat cheese crumbles
Tomato Bacon Jam
Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet pan with foil and then with parchment.
Lay bacon out on a prepared pan and bake until crispy. Drain on paper toweling then chop into 1/2 –inch pieces when cool enough to handle. Hold aside.
In a medium saucepot over medium heat, stir together onion, demerara cane sugar, and vinegar until sugar dissolves and mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until onion is soft and translucent.
Increase heat to medium-high, stir in remaining ingredients, except bacon, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and gently boil 1 hour, stirring occasionally, until mixture becomes jam-like. Stir in bacon, reduce heat, and simmer an additional 10 minutes. Hold warm until ready to serve.
Preheat oven to broil and adjust rack 4-inches from the heat source.
Heat the oil in a 10-inch ovenproof skillet on medium heat.
In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs together with milk, salt, and pepper. Stir in greens and goat cheese.
Pour egg mixture into the hot skillet and cook about 5 minutes or until the bottom is set.
Sprinkle avocado pieces evenly over the top. Transfer the skillet to the oven to cook the frittata. Broil until the frittata is puffy and egg is cooked through. Carefully remove the skillet from the heat as the handle will be hot. Cut into wedges and serve immediately with tomato bacon jam.
Skip the Overpriced Restaurant and Throw Brunch at Home
How to Pull Off the Ultimate Boozy Brunch
Set up a bar that puts even the best local joints to shame. Find out everything you need to craft a drink bar for the books.