Just like the classic but gluten free. For added flavor, we substituted white granulated sugar with golden brown sugar.
- 1 cup Gluten-free all purpose flour 1 cup Gluten-free all purpose flour
- ¾ cup Almond flour ¾ cup Almond flour
- ½ teaspoon Baking powder ½ teaspoon Baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Xanthan gum ¼ teaspoon Xanthan gum
- C&H® Golden Brown Sugar 1 cup 1 cup C&H® Golden Brown Sugar
- 1 stick Unsalted butter, softened 1 stick Unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large Egg, at room temperature 1 large Egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Rainbow nonpareils sprinkles ¼ cup Rainbow nonpareils sprinkles
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two half sheet pans with parchment paper.
In a bowl, combine the two flours, baking powder, salt, and gum. Set aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment beat sugar and butter at medium speed for 2 minutes. Scrape the bowl. Add the egg and vanilla, mix until combined.
Reduce the speed of the mixer and slowly add the flour mixture. Mix until all the ingredients are well combined.
Using a small ice cream scoop, drop dough onto prepared pans. Flatten dough balls slightly with hand. Sprinkle the dough with rainbow nonpareils and bake for 10-12 minutes or until slightly golden around the edges. For softer cookies, reduce the baking time.
Remove from oven and allow cookies to rest for 5 minutes on the pan. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack.
Instead of sprinkles, use C&H Granulated Sugar or C&H Turbinado Sugar to top cookies.