These tender cookies are rich with the flavors of molasses and spice. Flavored with C&H® Dark Brown Sugar, they are the perfect way to add delight to your daily routine.
- ½ cup (1 stick) Unsalted butter (softened) ½ cup (1 stick) Unsalted butter (softened)
- C&H® Dark Brown Sugar ½ cup ½ cup C&H® Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 large Egg 1 large Egg
- ¼ cup Molasses ¼ cup Molasses
- 1 ¾ cups All-purpose flour 1 ¾ cups All-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon Baking soda ½ teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground ginger 1 teaspoon Ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon Ground cinnamon ½ teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Ground nutmeg ¼ teaspoon Ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground cloves 1/8 teaspoon Ground cloves
In a large bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. About 2 minutes at medium speed. Add the eggs, one at a time and the molasses, mix until well incorporated.
In a separate bowl, mix together with a whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Add to the butter mixture with the mixer at low speed, mixing until combined and a dough is formed.
Divide the dough in half, wrap with plastic film and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 350°F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
Take the dough out of the refrigerator, and flour a clean work surface. Roll the dough 1/8” to 1/4” thick. Cut out shapes with the desired cookie cutters.
Transfer cookies to lined baking sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes or until firm. Let the cookies cool in the baking sheets for a few minutes and then transfer them to a cooling rack. Cool completely.
Decorate cookies with royal icing.