Spread a little joy with this sweet jam that’s made with C&H® Organic Raw Cane Sugar, ripe figs and freshly squeezed orange juice.
- 1 pound Organic fresh, ripe figs 1 pound Organic fresh, ripe figs
- 1/2 cup Freshly squeezed orange juice 1/2 cup Freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon Freshly grated orange zest 1 teaspoon Freshly grated orange zest
- C&H® Organic Raw Cane Sugar 1 cup 1 cup C&H® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 1 whole Vanilla bean 1 whole Vanilla bean
- 1 Cinnamon stick 1 Cinnamon stick
- pinch Salt pinch Salt
Stem figs and cut them in half. Split the vanilla bean in half.
Add all the ingredients in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil stirring until all the sugar is dissolved. Reduce heat and simmer jam, stirring occasionally, until the figs are very soft. About 30 minutes.
Remove cinnamon stick and vanilla bean from the jam. Discard.
Spoon the jam into a jar. Allow the jam to achieve room temperature. Refrigerate.
Use jam over toast, cheese, or as filling when preparing a cake. Jam can be stored in the refrigerator up to 3 months.