The chocolaty satisfaction of a cup of Dutch hot chocolate in fudge form!
Meet the Chef: Lizzie Pachter
Lizzie Pachter is a food photographer, stylist and recipe developer based in Los Angeles. Creator of The Crumb Blonde, she develops and photographs fun, easy to follow recipes with a distinct California flare. Follow her food photography adventures on instagram, @Thecrumbblonde.
- C&H® Golden Brown Sugar 1 ½ cups 1 ½ cups C&H® Golden Brown Sugar
- 2/3 cups Evaporated milk 2/3 cups Evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons Butter 2 tablespoons Butter
- 2 cups Mini marshmallows 2 cups Mini marshmallows
- 1 ½ cup Chocolate Chips 1 ½ cup Chocolate Chips
- ¼ cups Dutch Process Cocoa Powder ¼ cups Dutch Process Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon Salt ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1.5-2 cups Mini Marshmallows for Mix-in 1.5-2 cups Mini Marshmallows for Mix-in
Line an 8x8-inch pan with parchment paper. In separate containers, measure out Dutch process cocoa powder, marshmallows, chocolate chips, vanilla, and salt (have them ready to stir in while still hot!). Set aside.
Mix C&H® Golden Brown Sugar, evaporated milk, and butter in a large heavy bottom pan (such as a Dutch oven) over medium heat, stirring constantly. Bring to a roiling boil. Stir constantly while boiling for 5 mins.
Turn heat off, stirring Dutch cocoa powder until dissolved. Immediately add in marshmallows, chocolate chips, vanilla, and salt. Fold/stir until combined and all the Marshmallows are melted.
While still hot, pour ½ of the fudge mixture into the 8x8-inch pan and spread to edges. Spread the mix-in marshmallows throughout and cover with remaining fudge. Let cool for a few hours, if not overnight. Cut into pieces and enjoy!
You can make this without the Dutch process coco and it will still be delicious!