Crispy, crunchy, protein-packed chickpeas lightly dusted with a sweet and spicy honey, wasabi seasoning. They are perfect for snacking or as a salad topping.
Golden Brown Sugar
C&H® Golden Brown Sugar has a nutty, caramel flavor, moistness, and subtle molasses flavor. It's ideal for cookies, shortbread, spiced cakes, brownies, and crumble toppings.
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger 1 teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups C&H® Golden Brown Sugar 1 1/2 cups C&H® Golden Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup fresh or canned pumpkin 1/2 cup fresh or canned pumpkin
- 1 egg 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup currants, raisins or dried cranberries 1/3 cup currants, raisins or dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup C&H® Demerara Cane Sugar 1/4 cup C&H® Demerara Cane Sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted pumpkin seeds for topping 1/3 cup unsalted pumpkin seeds for topping
Preheat oven to 375°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with non-stick baking spray.
Sift all dry ingredients together in a medium bowl.
Beat sugar and butter in mixer bowl on medium speed for 1 minute, then beat in pumpkin, egg, and vanilla for 30 seconds.
Stir in sifted dry ingredients then stir in dried fruit of choice.
Chill dough for 20 minutes then scoop 2 tablespoon balls onto lined baking sheet. Sprinkle tops with the demerara, then the pumpkin seeds, gently pressing the pumpkin seeds into the dough.
Bake for 13-15 minutes, depending on the size of the cookie. Cool cookies until they can be easily removed from the baking sheet.
For a finer dusting of the seasoning mix, pulse together in a spice grinder