Crispy, crunchy, protein-packed chickpeas lightly dusted with a sweet and spicy honey, wasabi seasoning. They are perfect for snacking or as a salad topping.
- 1 – 15.5 oz. can (about 1 1/2 cups) rinsed and drained Chickpeas 1 – 15.5 oz. can (about 1 1/2 cups) rinsed and drained Chickpeas
- 1 ½ tablespoons C&H® Honey Granules 1 ½ tablespoons C&H® Honey Granules
- 1 teaspoon wasabi powder 1 teaspoon wasabi powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon horseradish powder 1 teaspoon horseradish powder
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- Canola oil (for frying) Canola oil (for frying)
Dry chickpeas thoroughly by either the overnight or quick dry method before frying
Blend all remaining ingredients, except prepared horseradish and oil, together well in mixing bowl and hold aside
Heat oil in small frying pan to ½ inch depth until hot. Fry chickpeas in a single layer and in batches, if needed, 4-5 minutes, until golden brown and crunchy, turning chickpeas often during the cooking time.
Toss chickpeas in honey wasabi seasoning until thoroughly coated then add horseradish and toss again
For a finer dusting of the seasoning mix, pulse together in a spice grinder