- 2 cups All-purpose flour 2 cups All-purpose flour
- C&H® Organic Raw Cane Sugar ¼ cup ¼ cup C&H® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 3 teaspoons Baking powder 3 teaspoons Baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 stick Unsalted butter, cold and diced 1 stick Unsalted butter, cold and diced
- 2/3 cup Dried cranberries 2/3 cup Dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup Heavy cream, cold 2/3 cup Heavy cream, cold
- 2 large Eggs 2 large Eggs
- 2 tablespoons Water 2 tablespoons Water
- 2 tablespoons C&H® Turbinado Cane Sugar 2 tablespoons C&H® Turbinado Cane Sugar
- C&H® Powdered Sugar 1 cup 1 cup C&H® Powdered Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Milk 2 teaspoons Milk
Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, combine flour, raw cane sugar, baking powder, and salt. Using a pastry blender or a fork, cut the cold butter into the flour mixture until butter is the size of peas. Stir in cranberries.
In a small cup, mix 1 egg and cold cream. Add all at once to the flour mixture stirring until moistened.
Dump the dough into a well-floured surface. Knead the dough 3 or 4 times and form into a ball. Place on prepared baking sheet and press into an 8-inch circle, about 1-inch thick.
Prepare an egg wash with the remaining egg and water. Brush the scones with the egg wash and sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Cut into 8 even wedges. Do not separate.
Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and scones are firm to the touch. Remove from the oven and allow the scones to cool down. Cut into wedges.
In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar and milk. Mix until smooth. Drizzle on over the scones. Serve.
Add 1 teaspoon of freshly grated orange zest to the dough at the same time you add the cranberries for a citrus twist to your scones.