Guests will be enchanted by this delicate, sophisticated treat. With fragrant orange, tart cranberries, and sweet triple-threat of C&H® Powdered Sugar, Organic Raw Cane Sugar, and Light Brown Sugar.
- 2 cups Fresh Cranberries (can use frozen) 2 cups Fresh Cranberries (can use frozen)
- 1 teaspoon Orange zest 1 teaspoon Orange zest
- ¼ teaspoon Pumpkin pie spice (optional) ¼ teaspoon Pumpkin pie spice (optional)
- C&H® Powdered Sugar ⅔ cups ⅔ cups C&H® Powdered Sugar
- ½ cup Pecans or walnuts, chopped ½ cup Pecans or walnuts, chopped
- 1 ½ cups All-purpose Flour 1 ½ cups All-purpose Flour
- ½ teaspoon Salt ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 Egg 1 Egg
- C&H® Organic Raw Cane Sugar 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon C&H® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- ½ cup Unsalted butter, cold and cubed ½ cup Unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- 3-4 tablespoon Ice cold water 3-4 tablespoon Ice cold water
- 1 Egg 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Water or milk 1 tbsp Water or milk
- C&H® Light Brown Sugar 1 Teaspoon 1 Teaspoon C&H® Light Brown Sugar
For the filling:
In a large bowl combine the cranberries, orange zest, pumpkin pie spice, and C&H® Powdered Sugar. Cover and let sit at room temperature. You will add the nuts later.
For the dough:
In a food processor, add the flour, salt, one egg, and C&H® Organic Raw Cane Sugar and process until combined. Add the cold butter and process until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs (about 15 seconds). Add the ice water one tablespoon at a time to the dough and process just until it holds together when pinched. Turn the dough out onto your work surface, form it into a large round, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until firm enough to roll out (about 30 - 60 minutes).
Prepare the galette:
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Once the dough has chilled, remove it from the refrigerator and place on a lightly floured surface. Roll the dough into a 13-inch uniform round. Transfer the dough to a parchment paper or silicone mat lined baking sheet.
Stir the chopped nuts into the cranberry filling. Prepare an egg wash with the remaining egg and a little water or milk.
Evenly spread the filling on top of the pastry, leaving about a 2-inch border. Gently fold the edges of the dough up and over the filling, pleating as necessary. Lightly brush the edges of the galette with the egg wash and sprinkle with the C&H® Light Brown Sugar. Bake for about 25 - 30 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cranberries are soft.
Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool. Cut into wedges and enjoy.
- Pecans can be replaced with hazelnuts or almonds.
- Galette dough can be made in advance and stored in the freezer for up to 3 months