Serve a dessert that’s filled with coco-nutty goodness! Quick and easy to make, this smooth and creamy treat is sweetly made with C&H® Granulated Sugar, coconut milk and cream cheese.
- C&H® Granulated Sugar ¾ cup ¾ cup C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Water 3 tablespoons Water
- 1 can (12 fl oz) Evaporated milk 1 can (12 fl oz) Evaporated milk
- 1 can (13.5 fl oz) Coconut milk 1 can (13.5 fl oz) Coconut milk
- C&H® Organic Raw Cane Sugar 1 cup 1 cup C&H® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 8 ounces Cream cheese 8 ounces Cream cheese
- 6 large Eggs 6 large Eggs
- ½ teaspoon Rum flavor ½ teaspoon Rum flavor
- 2 tablespoons Shredded coconut, as garnish 2 tablespoons Shredded coconut, as garnish
Preheat to 325°F.
In a small saucepan, over medium heat, mix sugar and water. Cook mixture until golden brown. Do not use utensils to mix. Carefully pour over eight 3-inch ramekin bowls. Turn ramekins to cover bottoms and sides. Use a kitchen towel to handle ramekins as you pour the caramel because they get very hot. Set aside.
Place the evaporated milk, coconut milk, raw cane sugar, cream cheese, eggs, and rum flavor in a blender. Blend for 2 minutes at medium speed until all ingredients are blended. Strain mixture into the prepared ramekins.
Place the ramekins on a baking sheet and place in the oven. Pour in enough hot water to reach about halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Bake for 45 minutes or until nearly set. Flan should jiggle slightly.
Remove from oven and allow cooling for one hour. Place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
Run a sharp knife around each flan. Invert the flan onto a serving plate. Garnish with shredded coconut.
To make a 9-inch round flan, follow the same steps but adjust the baking time to 1 hour and 20 minutes.