Pumpkin coffee cake with pecan streusel
Meet the Chef: Baran Bakery
Bernice Baran is the founder and creator behind Baran Bakery. Growing up with a mom as a baker she has always loved to bake, so you can say sugar and butter run through her veins. She started the blog in 2017 as a creative outlet after college and has since grown to learn and appreciate the art of entertaining and food photography. She focuses mainly on sweets and baked goods with a little dash of life and something savory. On the blog, you'll find both different and decadent desserts and common comfort foods.
- 1 cup pecans (chopped) 1 cup pecans (chopped)
- C&H® Dark Brown Sugar 1 cup 1 cup C&H® Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled 2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 tsp baking soda 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cloves 1 tsp cloves
- 1 tsp ginger 1 tsp ginger
- 4 large eggs, room temperature 4 large eggs, room temperature
- C&H® Dark Brown Sugar 1 1/2 cups packed 1 1/2 cups packed C&H® Dark Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup Vegetable oil 3/4 cup Vegetable oil
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla 1 tsp vanilla
- C&H® Confectioners Sugar 1 cup 1 cup C&H® Confectioners Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Milk 2 Tbsp Milk
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste 1/2 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
Make the Cake
Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C) and grease a 10 inch springform pan. In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the cinnamon swirl and set it aside.
In another medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices and set the dry ingredients aside. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, C&H® Dark Brown Sugar, oil, pumpkin puree and vanilla extract until the mixture is completely smooth.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet and whisk just until the last streak of flour is combined. Pour 1/2 of the batter into the prepared pan, top with half of the cinnamon swirl filling, repeat with the rest of the batter and top with the second half of the streusel.
Bake the coffee cake for about 40-50 minutes, until it springs back when you press on it. Allow it to cool in the pan for at least 30 minutes before removing.
While the cake is cooling, combine all the ingredients for the glaze and mix until smooth. When cake is finished cooling, pour over cake and serve.