Lightly coated with fresh cinnamon and flavored with C&H® Golden Brown Sugar, these deep-fried delights are as simple to make as they are delicious.
- 1 ¼ cup Water 1 ¼ cup Water
- ½ cup (1 stick) Unsalted butter ½ cup (1 stick) Unsalted butter
- C&H® Golden Brown Sugar 2 teaspoons 2 teaspoons C&H® Golden Brown Sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Salt ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup All-purpose flour 1 cup All-purpose flour
- 3 large Eggs, lightly beaten 3 large Eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups Canola oil, for frying 3 cups Canola oil, for frying
- C&H® Granulated Sugar 1 cup 1 cup C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Ground cinnamon 2 tablespoons Ground cinnamon
In a medium saucepan, combine water, butter, sugar, and salt and bring to a boil over high heat.
Reduce heat and add flour. Using a wooden spoon, mix vigorously until the mixture form into a dough. Remove from heat.
While stirring, gradually add the eggs into the dough. Mix well. Add the dough into a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip.
Heat about 2 inches of oil in a heavy pot over medium-high heat until it reaches 365°F.
Mix granulated sugar and cinnamon on a plate and set aside.
Squeeze churro dough into hot oil. About 4-inch strips. Fry 5 to 6 churros at a time until golden brown. About 2 minutes per side. When ready, transfer into a plate lined with paper towels.
Roll churros in the sugar-cinnamon mix. Serve immediately and enjoy.
Serve churros with a chocolate sauce you can make out of chocolate chips and heavy cream. Cook 8 ounces of semisweet chocolate chips with ½ cup of heavy cream over a double boiler on top of simmering water until smooth.