Prepare for lift off…Starry sprinkles and a marbled cosmic frosting take these space-inspired cookies to a new dimension.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon salt
- C&H® Golden Brown Sugar 1 cup firmly packed 1 cup firmly packed C&H® Golden Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 egg 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces (2 squares) bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled 2 ounces (2 squares) bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 cups C&H® Confectioners Sugar 2 cups C&H® Confectioners Sugar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- sky blue food gel color sky blue food gel color
- purple food gel color purple food gel color
- fuchsia food gel color fuchsia food gel color
- black food gel color black food gel color
- 1 tube edible silver star sprinkles 1 tube edible silver star sprinkles
Stir together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
Beat brown sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla: beat until creamy. Add chocolate; beat well.
Gradually add dry mixture to chocolate mixture.
Divide dough into two discs and refrigerate 15 to 20 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
On a well-floured surface, roll half of the dough at a time to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut out cookies with a star-shaped cookie cutter. Place on prepared cookie sheet. Bake 12 to 15 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
In a medium bowl, combine sugar, 3 tablespoons milk and vanilla. Add additional milk if needed. Mix until smooth.
Ladle about 1/2 cup glaze into a shallow bowl. Place two drops of the fuchsia, blue and purple coloring and 1 drop of black onto the top of the glaze.
Swirl the coloring on the surface of the glaze with a toothpick to achieve a tie-dyed effect.
Holding cookie by the edge, dip the cookie face down into the glaze and quickly pull up.
Set cookie face up onto a wire rack. Sprinkle with the edible silver star sprinkles. Let dry completely. Repeat glaze coloring in shallow bowl for remaining cookies, cleaning bowl after each use.
To avoid staining your fingers when dipping cookies in glaze, wear disposable gloves.