Quick and easy, this delightful bread is filled with mouthwatering chocolatey goodness. It’s moist, tender and not too sweet, making it the perfect treat to enjoy with your morning coffee or afternoon tea.
- 1 ½ cups All-purpose flour 1 ½ cups All-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons Cocoa powder 3 tablespoons Cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking soda ½ teaspoon Baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon Baking powder ¼ teaspoon Baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt ½ teaspoon Salt
- C&H® Golden Brown Sugar 1 cup 1 cup C&H® Golden Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Vegetable oil ½ cup Vegetable oil
- 1 large Egg 1 large Egg
- 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Whole milk ¼ cup Whole milk
- ½ cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips ½ cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 1(1-pound) loaf pan.
In a large bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients. Set aside.
In a medium bowl mix sugar, vegetable oil, egg, vanilla, and whole milk. Add flour mixture to the wet mixture and mix until well combined. Add chocolate chips and mix.
Pour mixture onto prepared pan and bake for 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean. Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 5 minutes and then carefully remove from pan; let the loaf of bread cool completely on a cooling rack.