Moist and fluffy carrot cake cupcakes with a touch of fresh ginger and spices.
For the cupcakes:
- C&H® Granulated Sugar 1 ½ cups 1 ½ cups C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Vegetable oil 1 cup Vegetable oil
- 4 large Eggs 4 large Eggs
- 3 cups Carrots, peeled and freshly grated 3 cups Carrots, peeled and freshly grated
- 2 cups All-purpose flour 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt ½ teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons Ground cinnamon 2 teaspoons Ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Fresh ginger, grated ½ teaspoon Fresh ginger, grated
- ¼ teaspoon Nutmeg, freshly grated ¼ teaspoon Nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1 cup Walnuts, roughly chopped 1 cup Walnuts, roughly chopped
For the cream cheese frosting:
- 2 (8-ounce) packages Cream cheese, softened 2 (8-ounce) packages Cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Unsalted butter, softened 1 cup (2 sticks) Unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla extract 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla extract
- C&H® Confectioners Sugar 2 (16-ounce) packages, sifted 2 (16-ounce) packages, sifted C&H® Confectioners Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Chopped walnuts, as garnish 2 tablespoons Chopped walnuts, as garnish
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat sugar, oil, and eggs at medium speed for 1 minute.
Add the carrots and all the dry ingredients to the egg and oil mixture and beat until all ingredients are incorporated. Add the walnuts and mix.
Scoop batter evenly into muffin tins 2/3 full (1/4 cup) and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Prepare the cream cheese frosting. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until smooth. Slowly add powdered sugar and mix until well incorporated.
Allow cupcakes to cool completely before frosting. Garnish with chopped walnuts.
Freshly grated carrots are better for the batter than the previously grated carrots you find available at the store. Freshly grated carrots provide more moisture and body to the batter.