Brown Sugar Pound Cake
- 1 cup packed C&H® Golden Brown Sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Sweetened Whipped Cream (optional topping)
- Fresh fruit (optional topping)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 9x5x3-inch loaf pan. In large bowl, beat sugar and butter until fluffy. Beat in eggs 1 at a time. Add vanilla. In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add to sugar mixture. Pour batter into pan.
Bake 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pan and turn out on rack to cool completely. Top with Sweetened Whipped Cream and fresh fruit, if desired.