A brown sugar boba with a milky masala chai with a drizzle of brown sugar caramel to sweeten it up!
Brown Sugar Caramel:
- C&H® Dark Brown Sugar 1 1/2 cup 1 1/2 cup C&H® Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Water 1 cup Water
- ¼ cup Tapioca pearls ¼ cup Tapioca pearls
- 3 cups Water 3 cups Water
- ½ cup Water ½ cup Water
- 2 tbsp CTC black tea 2 tbsp CTC black tea
- 4-5 Cardamom pods 4-5 Cardamom pods
- ¼ tsp Ground cinnamon ¼ tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1 star Anise pod 1 star Anise pod
- 2 cup Milk 2 cup Milk
Step by Step Instructions
Make Brown Sugar Caramel:
Add water and brown to a saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and cool. Set aside.
Bring 3 cups of water to a boil and add tapioca pearls. Simmer on medium low heat for 5 minutes. Strain boba into a glasses filled with ice water and set aside.
Add water, tea, cardamom pods, cinnamon, and anise pod to a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and simmer for 3 minutes. Set aside.
Assemble and serve:
Pour 2-3 tbsp of brown sugar caramel into the bottom of two empty glasses. Drizzle additional caramel along the inside of the glass. Strain the boba from the ice water and divide the boba between the glasses. Divide tea evenly amongst the two glasses and top with cold milk. Stir and enjoy!
You can store any leftover caramel in a jar in the fridge and use it to sweeten your morning tea or coffee!