Brown sugar berry crisp is made with three types of fresh summer berries and a crisp oat topping. Both the fruit filling and the topping are sweetened with C&H® Golden Brown Sugar.
- 2 cups Fresh blueberries 2 cups Fresh blueberries
- 2 cups Fresh raspberries 2 cups Fresh raspberries
- 1 cup Fresh blackberries 1 cup Fresh blackberries
- C&H® Golden Brown Sugar 1/3 cup 1/3 cup C&H® Golden Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons All purpose flour 2 Tablespoons All purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh lemon juice 1 Tablespoon Fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cups Old fashioned rolled oats 3/4 cups Old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup All purpose flour 1/2 cup All purpose flour
- C&H® Golden Brown Sugar 2/3 cup 2/3 cup C&H® Golden Brown Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Unsalted butter, cold and cut into ½-inch cubes 1/2 cup Unsalted butter, cold and cut into ½-inch cubes
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 8x8-inch baking dish with butter and set aside.
In a large bowl, mix together the berries, C&H® Golden Brown Sugar, flour and fresh lemon juice. Stir until berries are coated. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the rolled oats, flour, C&H® Golden Brown Sugar, cinnamon and salt. Add butter and use a pastry cutter (or your hands) to work butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles wet sand.
Pour the berry mixture and its juices into the prepared dish. Add crisp mixture on top and spread evenly.
Bake berry crisp at 350 ° F for 40 to 50 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the berries are bubbling. Serve warm with fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Brown sugar berry crisp can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Reheat in the oven at 350°F until warm (about 10 to 15 minutes).
Frozen mixed berries may be used in this recipe as well. Allow berries to thaw in a strainer and drain any excess liquid.