Brown Sugar Almond Sponge Cake
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 ¼ cups C&H® Dark Brown Sugar , packed
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons milk, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
Preheat oven 350˚ F.
Grease 2 - 8 inch round pans and line the bottoms with parchment paper.
In a stand mixer or with a hand mixer, beat the sugar and butter until pale and fluffy 2 minutes at medium speed. Scrape down sides.
Beat in eggs, one at a time, for 2 minutes total.
Sift together the dry ingredients; then stir into the batter just until smooth.
Combine the milk with the vanilla and almond extracts and stir into the batter.
Do not over mix.
Divide the batter between the pans
Bake 25 –30 minutes or until pick inserted in center of pans should be just clean but not dry.