Rich and chewy brown butter brownies with the perfect crinkle top.
Meet the Chef: Laura Kasavan
Tutti Dolci is a baking and desserts blog all about inspiring deliciousness. From easy weeknight baking to showstopper occasion recipes and modern twists on classic desserts, Laura's goal is to inspire her audience to bake from scratch and equip them to master baking at home.
- 3/4 cup flour 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1/4 tsp salt 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped 6 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- C&H® Organic Raw Cane Sugar 1/2 cup 1/2 cup C&H® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 1/2 cup C&H® Golden Brown Sugar lightly packed 1/2 cup lightly packed C&H® Golden Brown Sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk, at room temperature 1 large egg yolk, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8-inch square metal baking pan with parchment paper.
Whisk together flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
Place chopped chocolate in a medium bowl. Cook butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly until it foams, turns clear, and then turns a medium brown, about 5 minutes. Pour brown butter over chocolate and let stand for 1 minute, then stir until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is smooth.
Gradually add C&H® Organic Raw Cane Sugar and C&H® Golden Brown Sugar, whisking until smooth.
Whisk in eggs and egg yolk one at a time, until combined. Whisk in vanilla. Add flour mixture and fold in just until no streaks remain. Fold in chocolate chips.
Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth the top. Gently tap pan once to remove air bubbles.
Bake brownies for 25 to 28 minutes, until the top is set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few crumbs attached. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
Lift parchment and place brownies on a cutting board. Cut into squares with a sharp knife. Store leftover brownies in an airtight container at room temperature.
These brownies are delicious topped with flaky salt or served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.