This Dutch baby is basically a giant pancake that is loaded with flavor. Lots of toasty caramel flavors from the C&H® Light Brown Sugar balanced with bright pops of blueberries and a dusting of C&H® Powdered Sugar.
For the Dutch Baby
- ¾ cup Bread flour or all-purpose flour ¾ cup Bread flour or all-purpose flour
- 4 Large eggs, room temperature 4 Large eggs, room temperature
- C&H® Light Brown Sugar 2 tablespoons 2 tablespoons C&H® Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Real vanilla extract 1 tablespoon Real vanilla extract
- ¾ cup Whole milk, room temperature ¾ cup Whole milk, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons Unsalted butter 4 tablespoons Unsalted butter
- 1 pint Fresh blueberries 1 pint Fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Lemon zest 1 tablespoon Fresh Lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons of C&H® Powdered Sugar 3 tablespoons of C&H® Powdered Sugar
Preheat over to 425F (220C) and place a 10-inch (25-cm) cast-iron skillet in the center of the oven. Melt 2 tablespoons (28 g) of the butter and set aside to cool for several minutes.
In a blender, mix the cooled 2 tablespoons (28 g) melted butter, eggs, C&H® Light Brown Sugar, vanilla and salt on medium for about 30 seconds. Dump in the flour and mix on low for 10 seconds. Set the batter aside for about 30 minutes to rest.
Add the butter to the skillet and swirl to melt and thoroughly coat the sides and bottom of the pan.
Immediately pour the batter into the pan, sprinkle with half of the blueberries and place back in the center of the oven for 14 minutes. The center should be custard-like and the sides puffed up. As the Dutch baby cools, it will collapse back into the pan.
Once out of the oven sprinkle with some lemon zest, more blueberries and a dusting of C&H® Powdered Sugar. Best served warm.
Batter can be made the night before and stored in the fridge overnight.