A delicious blend of juicy berries, blackberry brandy and zesty citrus, this decadent mixed drink is the perfect spirit to serve at your next Halloween dinner party.
- C&H® Demerara Cane Sugar 1 cup 1 cup C&H® Demerara Cane Sugar
- 2/3 cup water 2/3 cup water
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blackberries 1 cup fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1 teaspoon reserved blackberries from syrup 1 teaspoon reserved blackberries from syrup
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons Blackberry Syrup 2 tablespoons Blackberry Syrup
- ¼ cup Vodka ¼ cup Vodka
- 1 tablespoon Triple Sec or other Orange Liqueur 1 tablespoon Triple Sec or other Orange Liqueur
In medium saucepot over medium heat whisk C&H Demerara sugar and water together until sugar dissolves and mixture comes to a boil. Stir in blackberries and bring mixture back to a boil.
Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Remove pot from heat and cool to room temperature.
Press mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a pitcher with a tight-fitting lid and refrigerate syrup until ready to serve. Reserve sweetened blackberries for drinks.
Fill rocks glasses with ice. Add 1 teaspoon of the reserved blackberries; then, add the orange juice, blackberry syrup, vodka, and orange liqueur.
Stir and serve.
A rocks glass is also referred to as a lowball or Old Fashioned glass for the traditional cocktails served in it over ice.