A delicious and refreshing cocktail from blogger Girl Versus Dough made with a homemade apple spice simple syrup, ginger liqueur, apple cider, and a cinnamon-C&H® Sugar rim. Perfect for fall and holiday parties!
Meet the Chef: Stephanie Wise
Stephanie is the baker, blogger and babbler behind the website, Girl Vs. Dough. For a decade she has written about her adventures in creating desserts, breads, family-friendly dinners and other unique, delicious and easy-to-follow recipes on her site, engaging a loyal readership with a down-to-earth personality and a step-by-step approach to baking and cooking.
- C&H® Golden Brown Sugar ¼ cup ¼ cup C&H® Golden Brown Sugar
- C&H® Organic Raw Cane Sugar ½ cup ½ cup C&H® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 1 ½ cups Water 1 ½ cups Water
- 1 Small Apple, Sliced 1 Small Apple, Sliced
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon 1 tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Grated Ginger 1 teaspoon Fresh Grated Ginger
- 2 to 4 ounces Vodka 2 to 4 ounces Vodka
- 2 ounces Ginger Liqueur 2 ounces Ginger Liqueur
- 1 cup Apple Cider 1 cup Apple Cider
- Ice, Crushed or Cubed Ice, Crushed or Cubed
- Thin-Sliced Apple and/or Rosemary Sprigs, for garnish (optional) Thin-Sliced Apple and/or Rosemary Sprigs, for garnish (optional)
Make the apple spice simple syrup: In a small saucepan, combine C&H® Golden Brown Sugar, ½ cup C&H® Organic Raw Cane Sugar, water, apple slices, 1 tablespoon cinnamon and fresh ginger. Heat over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, about 20-30 minutes or until sugar is dissolved and mixture is slightly syrupy. Remove from heat; set aside to cool completely, then strain into an airtight container. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Meanwhile, in a small shallow bowl, stir together 2 tablespoons C&H® Organic Raw Cane Sugar and ½ teaspoon cinnamon until well combined. Dip rims of two cocktail glasses in apple cider or water, then dip and roll in cinnamon-sugar mixture to coat.
In a large cup or cocktail shaker, stir together two handfuls of ice along with vodka, ginger liqueur, 2 ounces of the cooled apple spice simple syrup and 1 cup apple cider. Strain mixture between prepared cocktail glasses; add ice as desired. Garnish with apple slices and rosemary sprigs, if desired.
- If you love ginger, add an extra teaspoon to the simple syrup for added spice.
Save extra simple syrup for more cocktails! The syrup can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Use a sweeter apple variety to flavor the simple syrup, such as Gala, Braeburn or Honeycrisp apples.