Small bites made with crunchy almonds, coconut and chocolate chips, these delightful treats are the perfect pick-me-up to keep you going all day long.
- 1/2 cup Shredded coconut, unsweetened 1/2 cup Shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup Whole blanched almonds, roughly chopped 1/2 cup Whole blanched almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup C&H Turbinado Sugar 1/4 cup C&H Turbinado Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Water 3 tablespoons Water
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract 1/2 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup Old-fashioned oats 1 cup Old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup Almond butter, unsweetened 3/4 cup Almond butter, unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons Mini chocolate chips 2 tablespoons Mini chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line one baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place coconut and almonds onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
In a small saucepan mix sugar, water, and salt. Bring the mixture to a simmer mixing constantly until all the sugar dissolves. Simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add vanilla extract to the mixture. Set aside and allow the mixture to cool down.
In a large bowl, combine toasted coconut, almonds, oats, and almond butter. Add the sugar syrup and mix until all ingredients are evenly coated. At this point, test the mixture for temperature, if it is still warm, allow the mixture to reach room temperature before adding the chocolate chips.
Using a small ice scream scoop, scoop balls out of the mixture. Using your hands, gently form the mixture into balls. Store in an airtight container.
For additional texture, sprinkle some C&H Turbinado Sugar on top of each ball before serving.