Bright citrus-focused sorbet made with Yuzu and a variety of citrus.
- 1 1/2 Cups Water 1 1/2 Cups Water
- C&H® Granulated Sugar 3/4 Cup 3/4 Cup C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup Yuzu Juice or Essence 1/4 cup Yuzu Juice or Essence
- 1/4 cup Orange juice 1/4 cup Orange juice
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup Lime Juice 1/4 cup Lime Juice
- 1/3 Cup Vodka (optional) 1/3 Cup Vodka (optional)
Add water and C&H® Granulated Sugar to a saucepan and cook over medium heat until all the sugar has dissolved. Let cool for 10 minutes.
While, the simple syrup cools,add Yuzu juice, orange juice, lemon juice, lime juice and vodka to a large bowl and whisk well. Add cooled cimple syrup and stir well. Cover and refrigerate the mixture overnight or at least 4 hours.
Pour the sorbet mixture into the bowl of an ice cream maker and churn according to directions. Spoon the sorbet into a loaf pan and cover with plastic wrap. Freeze for at least 1 hour before serving.
If you don’t have access to Yuzu, you can use Meyer lemon or key limes.
If you don’t have an ice cream maker, pour the sorbet mixture into a tall container and use an immersion blender to blend it every 1-2 hours over 5 hours. This helps break the crystals down. Then freeze overnight. The next day, scoop the mixture into a blender and blend until smooth (about 30 seconds) and enjoy.