Watermelon, goat cheese, candied pistachios and the sweet flavor of C&H® Organic Sugar combine to create a light and refreshing salad like no other.
- C&H® Confectioners Sugar 1/3 cup 1/3 cup C&H® Confectioners Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Water 1 tablespoon Water
- 1/2 cup Slightly salted pistachios, shelled 1/2 cup Slightly salted pistachios, shelled
- 1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil 1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar 4 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- C&H® Organic Raw Cane Sugar 2 teaspoons 2 teaspoons C&H® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic, finely chopped 1/2 teaspoon Garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Ground black pepper ½ teaspoon Ground black pepper
- ½ cup Red onion, thinly sliced ½ cup Red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cups Seedless watermelon, cut into 1-inch cubes 3 cups Seedless watermelon, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup English cucumber, sliced 1 cup English cucumber, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Mint leaves 2 tablespoons Mint leaves
- 2 ounces Fresh goat cheese, crumbled 2 ounces Fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- ½ teaspoon Sea salt, as garnish ½ teaspoon Sea salt, as garnish
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl mix confectioners’ sugar and water. Add pistachios to the mixture and combine until pistachios are well coated with the sugar mixture. Spread the pistachios in the prepared pan and bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, raw cane sugar, garlic, salt, and black pepper. Add the red onion to the mixture and set aside.
In a large serving plate, combine watermelon and cucumber. Add the red onions and the dressing. Toss salad.
Top salad with candied pistachios, fresh goat cheese, and torn mint leaves. Garnish with sea salt.