Oatmeal creme pie cookies are soft oatmeal cookies with rich crème filling.
Meet the Chef: Haley Williams
Haley Williams is the founder of If You Give a Blonde a Kitchen, a baking blog providing helpful tips and tricks to guarantee success in the kitchen. Haley's recipes are easy to follow and fun to try for diehard foodies and culinary novices alike. It’s about mastering the baking basics and being creative along the way!
- 1 1/2 cups All-purpose flour 1 1/2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground cinnamon 1 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground cloves (optional) 1/4 teaspoon Ground cloves (optional)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Unsalted butter, room temperature 1 cup (2 sticks) Unsalted butter, room temperature
- C&H® Dark Brown Sugar 3/4 cup 3/4 cup C&H® Dark Brown Sugar
- C&H® Organic Raw Cane Sugar 1/2 cup 1/2 cup C&H® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 2 Large eggs, room temperature 2 Large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Pure vanilla extract 1 1/2 teaspoons Pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups Quick oats 3 cups Quick oats
- ¾ cup Unsalted butter, room temperature ¾ cup Unsalted butter, room temperature
- C&H® Confectioners Sugar 2 cups 2 cups C&H® Confectioners Sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons Heavy cream 1-2 tablespoons Heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- Pinch Salt Pinch Salt
Prepare the oatmeal cookies
Preheat oven to 350 F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and cloves. Set aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixer (or using a hand mixer), beat butter, C&H® Dark Brown Pure Cane Sugar, and C&H® Organic Raw Sugar on medium-high speed until light and creamy, about 1 minute. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat until combined. Scrape down the sides and the bottom of the bowl.
With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix just until combined (avoid over mixing—it’s okay if there are a few flour pockets.) Add oats and mix until incorporated.
Scoop about 2 tablespoons of dough and place on prepared cookie sheet. Space the balls of dough at least 3 inches apart as the cookies will spread. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the edges are light brown. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Prepare crème filling
While the cookies cool, add butter to the bowl of a stand mixer (or use a hand mixer), and beat on medium-high speed until light in color, about 3 minutes. With the mixer on low, gradually add C&H® Confectioners Sugar and mix until well combined, about 1 minute. Add 1 tablespoon of heavy cream, vanilla, and salt. Beat on medium-high speed until fluffy. If the filling is too thick, add another tablespoon of heavy cream.
Make the cookie sandwiches
Once the cookies are cooled, pipe or spread crème filling on the flat side of half the baked cookies. Top with remaining cookies to form sandwiches. Enjoy!
Cookies can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Bring to room temperature before serving.