Champagne and cookies, what could be better? Pop the cork, pour some C&H® Granulated Sugar and get the party started with these sweet and sparkly champagne cookies.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- C&H® Granulated Sugar 1 cup 1 cup C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 1 egg 1 egg
- 1/4 cup dry champagne, Prosecco, or white sparkling grape juice 1/4 cup dry champagne, Prosecco, or white sparkling grape juice
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Optional: 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut Optional: 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- C&H® Confectioners Sugar 2 cups 2 cups C&H® Confectioners Sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons orange juice 3-4 tablespoons orange juice
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment.
In mixer bowl, cream butter and sugar together until fluffy. Beat in egg; then, champagne. In a separate bowl, sift or whisk together flour, baking powder, and baking soda; then stir into creamed mixture.
Stir in orange zest and optional coconut. Drop by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheet.
Bake 8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool completely before icing
In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar and 3 tablespoons of the orange juice. Whisk in more orange juice to obtain desired spreading consistency. Spread a thin glaze of the icing over each cookie, letting excess icing spill back into the bowl.
Decorate with additional grated orange zest, grating right over the tops of the cookies while icing is still wet.
Chill the cookies briefly after icing and garnishing to help the icing set more quickly.