Drizzled in a sweet lemon glaze and infused with the zesty flavors of citrus and fresh-chopped nuts, this decadent dessert bread pairs perfectly with a fresh cup of tea or coffee.
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- C&H® Granulated Sugar 3/4 cup 3/4 cup C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons lemon rind, grated 2 teaspoons lemon rind, grated
- 2 cups all-purpose flour 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed 2 teaspoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- C&H® Confectioners Sugar 2 tablespoons 2 tablespoons C&H® Confectioners Sugar
Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a greased 9x5x2.75 inch loaf pan.
Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and lemon rind, combining well.
In a small bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt. Add to creamed mixture, alternately with milk, beating until smooth after each addition; stir in nuts.
Pour into prepared loaf pan.
Bake 50 to 55 minutes, or until tester inserted into the middle comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes.
Combine lemon juice and confectioners' sugar; pour glaze over top of bread.
Remove bread from pan and cool before serving.