Glazed Lemon Nut Bread
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons lemon rind, grated
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons C&H® Confectioners Sugar
Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a greased 9x4x2-inch loaf pan.
Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and lemon rind, combining well.
In a small bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt. Add to creamed mixture, alternately with milk, beating until smooth after each addition; stir in nuts. Pour into prepared loaf pan.
Bake 50 to 55 minutes, or until tester inserted into the middle comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes.
Combine lemon juice and confectioners' sugar; pour glaze over top of bread. Remove bread from pan and cool before serving.