Satisfy your cravings for delicious chocolate chips with the warm, decadent flavors of this chewy dessert staple. Perfect by themselves, or alongside a tall glass of milk, these cookies are the go-to treat for any get together.
- 1 1/4 cups All-purpose flour 1 1/4 cups All-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 cup C&H® Light Brown Sugar 3/4 cup C&H® Light Brown Sugar
- 2/3 cup (1 1/3 sticks) Unsalted butter, softened 2/3 cup (1 1/3 sticks) Unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large Egg 1 large Egg
- ½ teaspoon Pure vanilla extract ½ teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- teaspoon ¾ cup Semisweet chocolate chips teaspoon ¾ cup Semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup Chopped nuts (optional) ½ cup Chopped nuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare baking sheets with parchment paper.
Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in small bowl; stir. In a separate bowl, cream together sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts, if using.
Drop by rounded teaspoons onto prepared baking sheets. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool.
To freeze chocolate chip dough, drop rounded teaspoons onto cookie sheets and freeze uncovered until firm. To bake, arrange the frozen dough on cookie sheets and let thaw for about 45 minutes before baking. Store frozen unbaked cookie dough in a freezer bag for up to one month.