Satisfy your cravings for delicious chocolate chips with the warm, decadent flavors of this chewy dessert staple. Perfect by themselves, or alongside a tall glass of milk, these cookies are the go-to treat for any get together.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup C&H® Pourable Golden Brown Sugar 3/4 cup C&H® Pourable Golden Brown Sugar
- 2/3 cup (1 1/3 sticks) butter or margarine, softened 2/3 cup (1 1/3 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water 1 teaspoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (6-oz.) pkg. chocolate chips, semisweet 1 (6-oz.) pkg. chocolate chips, semisweet
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional) 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease cookie sheets. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl; stir. In separate bowl, cream together Pourable Golden Brown Sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add egg, water and vanilla; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts, if using.
Drop by rounded teaspoons onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool.
To freeze chocolate chip dough, drop by rounded teaspoons onto cookie sheets and freeze uncovered until firm. Remove the frozen unbaked cookie dough, pack into freezer bag and freeze up to 1 month. To bake, arrange the frozen dough on cookie sheets and let thaw for about 45 minutes before baking.