This bright dessert pizza from blogger A Side of Sweet is sure to be a hit at your summer barbecues.
Brown Sugar Cookie
- 6 tablespoons (1 ½ sticks) unsalted butter, melted 6 tablespoons (1 ½ sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed C&H® Dark Brown Sugar 1 cup packed C&H® Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 large egg 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon baking powder ⅛ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon table salt ¼ teaspoon table salt
Brown Sugar Fruit Spread
- 8 ounces (1 package) cream cheese, softened 8 ounces (1 package) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup packed C&H® Dark Brown Sugar ½ cup packed C&H® Dark Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt ¼ cup Greek yogurt
Fruit Pizza Toppings (Suggestions)
- Strawberries Strawberries
- Blueberries Blueberries
- Raspberries Raspberries
- Cherries Cherries
- Kiwi Kiwi
- Peaches Peaches
- Banana Banana
- Mandarin slices Mandarin slices
- Fresh mint, for garnish Fresh mint, for garnish
Make the Brown Sugar Cookie "Crust"
Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Line a 14-inch pizza plate with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, beat together the melted butter and C&H® Dark Brown Sugar until well combined, about 30 seconds. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
In a separate bowl sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
Stir the dry ingredients into the brown sugar mixture until just combined. Scrape bowl to ensure no dry streaks remain.
Turn mixture out onto prepared pizza platter. Use your fingers to spread the dough out into a circle until about 1/4-inch thick. If the dough is moist, coat fingers with flour to prevent sticking.
Bake for 14-16 minutes, until edge is starting to brown, but the center is still soft. Let cool on a wire rack before frosting.
Make the Brown Sugar Fruit Spread
In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the C&H® Dark Brown Sugar.
Stir in the Greek yogurt.
Assemble the Dessert Pizza
Spread the brown sugar fruit spread onto the cooled cookie.
Top with fruit of your choice. Add mint for garnish. Slice and serve.