- C&H® Dark Brown Sugar 2 cups 2 cups C&H® Dark Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Unsalted butter, softened ½ cup Unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup Shortening ½ cup Shortening
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Cream of tartar 1 teaspoon Cream of tartar
- ¼ teaspoon Salt ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 large Egg 1 large Egg
- ½ teaspoon Pure vanilla extract ½ teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups All-purpose flour 1 ¾ cups All-purpose flour
Preheat oven to 300°F. Line 2 half sheet pans with parchment paper.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat dark brown sugar, butter, and shortening at medium speed for 2 minutes. Add baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt. Beat mixture until combined. Beat in egg and vanilla. Scrape the bowl as needed. Add flour and mix until combined.
Using a small ice-cream scoop, drop dough onto lined sheet pans. Flatten slightly with your hand. Bake for 8 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Allow the cookies to rest for 5 minutes on the sheet pans. Remove from pans to cooling racks.
Sprinkle some C&H Turbinado Sugar on top of your cookies before baking for additional flavor and texture.