Topped with whipped cream and fresh blueberries, this tasty spin on a classic treat offers a creamy, light, and sweet quality that’s perfect for any occasion.
- C&H® Granulated Sugar 2 cup 2 cup C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter or margarine, softened 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, grated 1 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon mace or nutmeg 1/2 teaspoon mace or nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla or brandy extract 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla or brandy extract
- 3 1/2 cups cake flour 3 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 eggs 6 eggs
- 4 cups fresh blueberries, washed 4 cups fresh blueberries, washed
- C&H® Granulated Sugar 1/3 cup 1/3 cup C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- C&H® Confectioners Sugar 2 tablespoons 2 tablespoons C&H® Confectioners Sugar
Preheat oven to 325°F. Generously grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
Combine sugar, butter, lemon peel, salt and mace in large bowl. Beat at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add vanilla; mix well. Gradually add flour and baking powder until well mixed. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake at 325°F for 70 to 80 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean and cake is golden brown. Invert cake onto cooling rack. Cool completely.
Combine blueberries and sugar in a medium bowl; mix well. Let stand for 1 hour.
Beat cream in medium bowl at high speed until stiff peaks form. Gradually add confectioners' sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
For each serving, place one slice of cake on a plate and top with 1/4 cup of blueberry topping and a dollop of cream topping. Repeat for a second layer.