This flavorful pie from blogger Tutti Dolci is a perfect dessert for any summertime activity.
- 1 1/4 cups flour 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp C&H Granulated Sugar 1 tsp C&H Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, cubed 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 to 4 Tbsp ice water 2 to 4 Tbsp ice water
- 3/4 cup rolled oats 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup flour 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup C&H Golden Brown Sugar 1/2 cup C&H Golden Brown Sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 Tbsp cold unsalted butter, cubed 6 Tbsp cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 cup C&H Granulated Sugar 1 cup C&H Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 tsp dried culinary lavender 1/2 tsp dried culinary lavender
- 2 Tbsp C&H Golden Brown Sugar 2 Tbsp C&H Golden Brown Sugar
- 6 Tbsp cornstarch 6 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp salt 1/8 tsp salt
- 6 cups blueberries 6 cups blueberries
- 1 tsp lemon juice 1 tsp lemon juice
For the crust, combine flour, salt, and sugar in a food processor. Add cubed butter and process for 10 seconds, just until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
With the food processor running, add 2 tablespoons ice water in a steady stream through feed tube. If needed, add additional ice water 1 tablespoon at a time, and process just until dough holds together in large clumps (no more than 30 seconds).
rap dough in plastic and flatten slightly to form a disc. Chill in the refrigerator at least 1 hour (or up to 2 days, or place in a freezer bag and freeze up to 1 month).
Prepare Crumble Topping
Combine oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until large crumbs form. Chill until ready to use.
Place dough on a floured board and dust dough with flour. Roll out dough (roll dough in one direction, then lift up dough and rotate a quarter turn and roll, then repeat) until dough is a 12 to 13-inch circle. If dough starts to stick, use a bench scraper to lift dough from board.
Transfer dough to a 9-inch pie pan; trim overhang to one inch and crimp edges. Chill in the freezer for 20 minutes.
Place a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil in the oven and preheat to 350°F.
Combine sugar and lavender in a food processor and pulse for 1 minute until lavender is finely chopped
Transfer lavender-sugar to a large bowl and whisk in brown sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Add blueberries and lemon juice, and toss to combine.
Spoon filling into chilled bottom crust and sprinkle with crumble topping.
Place pie on preheated baking sheet and bake for 60 to 65 minutes, until golden and filling is bubbling. Cool pie on a wire rack for at least 6 hours before serving (filling thickens as it cools).
Feel free to make both the pie crust and crumble topping ahead of time. Chill the crust and crumble overnight, then assemble and bake the pie the next morning. Once the pie cools, serve with scoops of vanilla ice cream and prepare to dig in!