Drop Sugar Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup C&H® Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 cup C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- addtional, for sprinkling C&H® Granulated Sugar
- Food coloring or colored sugar (optional for sprinkling)
Preheat oven to 375°F. Stir together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in mixing bowl; set aside. Beat butter, oil and sugars in large bowl until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; beat well. Add flour mixture, beating at low speed until well mixed.
Drop dough by rounded teaspoons onto baking sheet. Sprinkle with plain or colored granulated sugar. Bake 8-10 minutes; allow to cool.
Featured By: Mary Lou Gilroy of Omaha, NE