Cranberry Chess Pie
Use fresh or frozen cranberries in this prizewinning pie
- 1 1/2 cups C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups (approx. 8 oz.) cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 pie crust, 9-inch deep-dish, partially baked and cooled
Preheat oven to 350°F. Beat together sugar and butter. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until smooth. Add flour, then buttermilk and vanilla; mix well. Chop cranberries coarsely in blender or food processor. Stir gently into batter. Pour into partially baked pie shell (see Quick Tip).
Bake until top is lightly golden brown and domed and filling is firm, about 60 minutes.
Cool before serving to allow filling to set. Serve at room temperature. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Featured By: Peggy Thigpen, winner in the 1999 C&H Sugar Baking Contest